Answered

Flexson vertical stands for Five block line-in port

• 19 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Just tried hooking something up to the line-in port on one of my Fives on a Flexson vertical stand, only to find that the line-in port is essentially blocked by the Flexson arms that hold the Five in vertical position. In order to fit the plug in, I’ve gotta angle the speaker down in the stand, and it’s much less secure that way (and angled poorly).

Anyone else have this problem?  Any good solutions?

icon

Best answer by bobo1 19 January 2021, 04:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Can you drill a hole through the arm holding the speaker?

The arm actually has a hole, it just doesn’t line up with the line-in port! Unless I didn’t install them correctly, but I don’t think that’s the issue.

It doesn’t help that the 3.5mm cable has a long back end that juts out into the stand… I might be able to just go over the top with the line-in cable and connect it to a right-angle 3.5mm adapter that doesn’t stick out so far...

Userlevel 7

I’m very surprised the holes don’t line up with the line in port. I would contact Flexson about the issue and see what they say about it.

Update: I wrested with the arm in question and was finally able to achieve a straight pass-through where the holes lined up.  So I guess this was “user error”.  Doh!