Flexson Vertical Play 5 Stands

• 18 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi, I have just purchased a pair of Flexson Vertical Play 5 stands and I find them to be quite wobbly. Is this something that I should be concerned about? I know that traditional speaker stands are meant to be rigid. Has anyone experienced this problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The vertical stands are prone to be top heavy. The horizontal stands appear to distribute the weight better as they allow the Play 5 to mimic the base in position. If on carpet use the supplied carpet spikes to steady the stands a bit more. If on non-carpeted floors you can experiment with floor protection adhesive pads where the stand base appears high or low. I found two planter tables_28 in high_at Hobby Lobby similar to the one below (only square) to set my Play 5 Gen2 speakers on. Good Luck!

Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge
Thanks for your reply AjTrek1. Tables similar to what you are using look to be a sensible alternative to the Flexson stands. Fortunately I purchased the stands through Amazon, so returns should be relatively painless.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Here’s a picture of the planter stands I use. As you can see the Play 5 is slightly wider than the table top. However the button feet on the Play 5’s fit perfectly within the surface area of the table top for excellent support and stability. Cheers!

The main concern should be about speakers/stands toppling over from a safety and speaker damage perspective, even more so if there are children and/or pets in the home.