Question

First 5-6 seconds of songs choppy, cutting in/out

• 16 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Each time I skip to a next song, the first 5-6 second are all chopped up, with sound cutting in and out. I’m using Apple Music and Pandora within the sonos app as usual, and it’s the same on both and on every controller device (iphone, iPad, etc.).  After the initial chop, the rest of the song plays just fine.  When I don’t skip songs, and the next song in the playlist comes on automatically, there is never any issues — it’s just when I hit skip. 
This is a recent issue with no changes to my setup and no new devices in my very small house. It just started happening one day a couple weeks ago, and I thought it would just go-away — It hasn’t.

I have a very strong and fast router with very fast gigabit internet service. I’ve restarted all my sonos speakers and the router manually, and no dice — it’s still happening.

Thank you. 

4 replies

I am having the same problems, any solutions yet?

This is happening to me too.
Recently occurring. Thought it was a temporary glitch. Was working for years without issue. 

Guess I’m not alone, (sort of thankful?)

I would suggest you follow the advice given by Bruce on this thread.  

This is happening to me too.
Recently occurring. Thought it was a temporary glitch. Was working for years without issue. 

Guess I’m not alone, (sort of thankful?)

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.