Answered

Fire TV Cube and Sonos ARC issue

• 9 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have a Fire TV Cube connected by HDMI to a Sony TV.  I have an ARC output from the TV connected to the Sonos ARC.  I also have Verizon FIOS TV.  Intermittently, the sound from the ARC will stop (go silent), while the video continues on the TV.  What I discovered is that removing the power plug from the Fire TV Cube immediately restores the sound.  Any idea why and how this can be remedied?  Very bizarre.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 January 2022, 21:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Try turning off HDMI CEC under Settings > Display & Sounds on the Fire TV Cube.

Badge

Thanks.  It was “on” and I shut it off.  Working so far.

Badge

Tonight the sound cut off on the Sonos ARC.  Unplugging the Amazon Fire TV Cube immediately restored the sound.  So, shutting off the CEC HDMI on the cube is not the solution.

Userlevel 7

Have you tried connecting the Fire TV Cube to a different HDMI port on the TV?

Badge

Not sure at this point.  I’m about to start using the HDFury Arcana.  So, I have a Roofull HDMI switch on its way.  The Fire TV will be directly plugged into a port on the Roofull, which will feed the Sonos ARC and the TV.  That would be the same as changing the TV input, I would think.

Sambucus, I am having the same issue. Gone from a beam via optical to beam gen 2 HDMI earc, it worked for a few days and now having the same issue as you. I’ve tried different HDMI ports and still does the same. 

Sambucus, after playing about with the Fire Tv, I was getting stumped. It seemed to be the issues started when the tv was off and couldn’t reconnect to the beam after powering the tv on. This was the same for the fire stick plugged into the mains. I changed how I powered the fire stick  by plugging the usb into the tv 5v USB port and it works perfect now. No audio issues or disconnecting from the beam.