Finished with Sonos

I am not a radio engineer. In the past four months I have had to factory re-set my 3 Sonos multiple times. There have been no changes to my WIFI system, location, etc etc.

“Which” advises that there are more reliable wifi music systems and my wife has decided that we will abandon Sonos and buy a system that works

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Your wifi can be affected by your neighbours’ wifi. If they are using the same or a near band, for example, this can cause problems for you. With so many folk working from home there are a lot of changes to wifi systems all over the place.
My Sonos system has generally worked fine for the past 3+ years; the biggest problem occurred after a neighbour changed his wifi channel to the same one I was using, without realising what he’d done. I had a day of issues, tried a different channel, and the problem went away. I was talking to him a few weeks later and we realised what he’d done. 

Located in the UK, possibly using a BT router?

Factory resets should be used to sort an issue unless advised by Sonos. Have you reached out to Sonos support,  I’ve found their teething support to be excellent. 

I think you meant factory resets should NOT be used….

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Factory resets should not be used to sort an issue unless advised by Sonos. Have you reached out to Sonos support,  I’ve found their teething support to be excellent. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Again you just would like to tell the people here that you’re not going to use SONOS or looking for help? No one knows what problem(s) you’re encountering so what responses you’re expecting from your post? Or nothing at all?