Answered

Fed up of sonos loosing the wifi signal

• 26 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Sonos is so unrealiable. I am just fed up. Many times I hear music and suddenly it stops. I have 5 sonos loudspeakers at home (sonos one) . The wifi network is excellent. Sonos is just lousy. 

icon

Best answer by controlav 27 November 2020, 15:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’m so passed that I spent this much money on this crap! I will never recommend this to anyone. Constantly loosing signal, not playing on the speakers or keeping my rooms grouped. What bullshit garbage 

I’m just another user here, but happy to try to help, if you can maybe describe your network and Sonos setup…

Some of the basic information that would be helpful is: 

• If you are using a centrally based WiFi Router, or a Wifi mesh system?
  • Any other Wifi Access points/Repeaters/Power-line Adapters?
  • If you are running your devices on SonosNet, or WiFi?
  • Which SonosNet/WiFi channels & channel-widths are currently in use?
  • How many Sonos products altogether and whether they’re using S1/S2 households?

I’m so passed that I spent this much money on this ****! I will never recommend this to anyone. Constantly loosing signal, not playing on the speakers or keeping my rooms grouped. What **** garbage 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.*

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Not sure how you are verifying your WiFi is excellent, but try using SonosNet instead, it is usually a better choice for all but the simplest systems.

If problems persist then gather a diagnostic and give the code to Support.