Answered

Faulty speaker - software or hardware ?

• 10 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I just installed my Sonos One SL for my kitchen and the sound quality is extremely poor. It is very tinny and sounds like the speaker is using less than 5% of its total capacity. I have a One SL and a Beam in my living room and the sound is excellent. This is incomparable and clearly broken or faulty. 

I have tried returning to factory setting and reinstalling software but no luck. Wondering if the speaker simply arrived faulty ? Any suggestions ?

icon

Best answer by Paul A 10 January 2021, 19:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Pmeade92.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and for doing the extra mile of starting with some basic troubleshooting steps. I would like to share some information to help out.

From this point, I would recommend calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. It is best to contact our technical support team so they can dig deeper and find out what would be the better step to take and what is causing the issue as it may be an internal hardware fault. I would also like to suggest submitting a diagnostic after 3-5 minutes of the issue happening so we can check if there are any wireless interference that might be causing this issue as well..

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, everyone can help you out.

Thanks,

Thanks Paul - got on the phone with customer support today. Software seems fine so think hardware issue. I’ve sent a video of the speaker now waiting to hear back but expecting it will be replaced with a new speaker that is in working order..