Expeirencing static (white noise) NEW

• 8 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Apple TV and Apple Music - possibly Netflix

Listening to Apple Music in Atmos mostly and all is great for about 20 min. Then the audio will suddenly mute. No sound from speakers. Pause and play will not work and either skip forward to next sound or exit out of music a step to 2 and restart. The above has been the case for weeks. Until I returned back home after a week without any use. Now same kind of thing is happening but instead of muted or dropped audio I hear static tones and white noise. The static audio is random sounding not necessarily to the same beats as the song. Seems like the static sounds replaces the muted issue as mentioned. No updates as I know of no changes to content and usage.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BMac1122 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Do Atmos movies play correctly? If so, then the issue is likely at the source - Apple Music or the Apple TV.

I recommend unplugging the Arc, the TV and the Apple TVfrom power  for a full minute, then turning back on and testing again. If the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic immediately after reproducing the issue (and with it still playing), then reply here with the number given and I can take a look and verify the source of the issue for you.