Answered

Everything except my Move is disappearing from my system

• 1 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Something has started happening in the last week that has now happened multiple times. I open the Sonos S2 app and instead of the 7 zones of speakers that I have, all I can see is my Move (renamed Rover in my system). It’s happened on both my Pixel 3 XL and our daughter’s iOS app. One time, she had only the Move on her app but I had all 7 zones, but then I was unable to play music to any zone, it gave me a “can’t connect to device” error. The first time it happened, I rebooted my modem and Nest wifi system and that fixed it. It happened again and I didn’t do anything for a while and it seemed to fix itself. I haven’t experienced this in app version 12.0 through 12.0.2, it’s only happened since the 12.0.3 upgrade. 

Network setup:

Centurylink Gigabit Fiber > Centurylink modem (wifi disabled) > Nest Wifi Router > ethernet into my Sonos Amp.

My nest network has 2 full router units plus one of the secondary units, spread about my home.

When it happened the 2nd time, I tried to take a diagnostic but that failed after multiple attempts. Once the remaining speaker zones showed up again I was able to generate one. #1392249130.

Attached are a couple screen shots showing the problem. In the picture with just the Move showing, there should be 6 additional zones. In the 2nd pic where it says Living Room Not Configured, that is my Sonos Amp which is hard wired to my Nest wifi router.

icon

Best answer by getjams 1 August 2020, 23:01

Here is one more diagnostic after rebooting my modem and Nest wifi units. After doing this everything looks normal in Sonos and things work better, for now.

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

It happened again today and is currently happening actually. I cannot play anything on my system.

Here a couple diagnostics I managed to get

It appears as if Sonos cannot find my wifi, because when I check System > Network in the app it tries for a while then seems to not be able to find it.

I eventually was able to get some music playing on my Play5 (kitchen) but even after the music started playing, the app did not show that anything was playing.

This seems to be happening daily now and is quite annoying. Everything seems to be fine on my network, no other devices are having any issues connecting or staying connected.

Badge +1

One more screen shot, nothing but the move is showing it’s device properties:

Badge +1

Here is one more diagnostic after rebooting my modem and Nest wifi units. After doing this everything looks normal in Sonos and things work better, for now.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @getjams.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post outlining the issue.

I appreciate your effort in getting the diagnostics and screenshots as well, so we can better understand what happened.

Upon checking the diagnostic reports, I’ve seen that there used to be a lot of interferences that might have caused the problem.

Rebooting the router is one of the suggested common fixes to bring back a Sonos speaker(s) that has disappeared from your Sonos app.

I’m glad to know that everything is working fine now and I’m looking forward to continuously smooth sailing of your system.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we are always here to help.