Answered

Ethernet-connected Play 5 keeps disconnecting

My ethernet-connected Play 5 keeps disconnecting. I unplug and restart the device and it works again for a few hours but then can’t be found again. The rest of the network (wifi) works just fine.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 May 2021, 19:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

What sort of network do you have and how is the Play5 connected, direct to the router or some other means? Wifi should not be an issue if you are connected via ethernet 

Hey Ralpfocus,

It is connected directly to a Netgear Nighthawk router/modem combo via ethernet. I have not made any network changes in the last week, so I am not sure why this is happening all of the sudden. 

Sounds like a potential ethernet card failing...or something in that area of the device. I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of getting it reconnected (not while it is disconnected, as it wouldn’t show up at all) , and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. And many of those things are not available to those of us who frequent these boards.