Error: Unable to play xxxx - the connection to Spotify was lost.

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Hi. I am having issues playing Spotify on my Sonos system. Usually I get the error "Unable to play xxxx connection to Spotify was lost". My router is a Nokia G240WC and using Engenius extenders that create a single wifi signal. I submitted a diagnostics report: 1999452221. Please help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Piffas. Thanks for posting and for sharing your diagnostic report number. It seems the report came up corrupt or incomplete. This usually points to a problem getting data to or from the Sonos system. That being said, it would probably be best to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They can set up a remote session and get a closer look at what is happening on the network. Thanks!
Hello,
I am having the same issue and receive the same error when trying to use my iPad and the Sonos Controller app. My wifi is fine as I can access and use Spotify thru Sonos Controller on my phone and only have this issue on my iPad. Diagnostic Report 756944004.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
T.J.
I have the same problem. Connection lost to Spotify. Soundcloud works fine. Apple Music works fine.

Submitted diagnostics: 1981956368

-Allan