Answered

Error connectig Play 5

Hello! I tried connected another one Sonos Play 5, but something wrong. First Sonos Play 5 connected successful.
Model of my mobile Honor 8 Pro. Android 8. I may send you my screen video from mobile.
icon

Best answer by Berni61 14 February 2019, 15:47

Thank you all for your help. I solved the problem. It was necessary to make a reset.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Berni61 wrote:

Hello! I tried connected another one Sonos Play 5, but something wrong. First Sonos Play 5 connected successful.
Model of my mobile Honor 8 Pro. Android 8. I may send you my screen video from mobile.

Hi Berni61,

Welcome to the community. Can you try temporarily wiring in the Play:5 using an ethernet cable? Does this help you get it connected? If so, submit a diagnostic report while it is connected, then reply here with the confirmation number.
When I connect my new (second) Play 5 by Ethernet cable nothing happens. At the same time when I connect Play 5 via Wi-Fi or Ethernet, my router sees both acoustic systems. I can send screenshots and videos. Confirmation number is: 2119756726. May be "Join button" don't work correctly?
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi, Berni61. I'm more inclined to think this is a setting on the router that is incorrect. What is the make/model of it?
Hi, Edward R! Asus RT-AC58U.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Ah okay, thanks! Can you try this in the router settings: Wireless menu >> Professional Tab >> Airtime Fairness (Set it to OFF).
Thanks, Edward R. Now I tried, but not helpful. One more question, when I press "Join button" no sound from Play 5. Is this correct?
Thank you all for your help. I solved the problem. It was necessary to make a reset.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings