Question

error code 9 first gen sub..

• 11 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I Have a1st gen sub that will not connect. Error code 9. I have rebooted everything including my house. Help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @tntimberlake.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to share with you this guide on how to troubleshoot and what to do when prompted with error code 9 on the Sonos app. This error code 9 means you are trying to update on the Sonos S1 app, however there are Sonos devices on your existing Sonos system that will not work on the Sonos S2 app. Please check this link to know what Sonos devices are compatible with the Sonos S2 app and which devices are not.

What that being known, you have 2 options. Either your entire Sonos system stays on the Sonos s1 app or we can try to split them between the Sonos S1 app and Sonos S2 app. Here is the limitations of having a split Sonos system. If you also want to take the option of staying with your Sonos S1 app despite having Sonos S2 compatible Sonos devices, They will not receive major updates, only bug fixes and security patches. However, they will still continue to work as normal.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,