Answered

Error 9 when leaving beta and updating software...please help!

Show first post

138 replies

having the same issue - music library stopped working (error 1002 - even when plugged into ethernet and after troubleshooting) so had enough of beta - now getting error 9 over and over. 3x3 & 3x1 - not best pleased
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
having the same issue - music library stopped working (error 1002 - even when plugged into ethernet and after troubleshooting) so had enough of beta - now getting error 9 over and over. 3x3 & 3x1 - not best pleased

I can help you leave the beta program. Please check your inbox for a private message containing instructions.
Me too, trying to leave beta but error code 9 preventing me...help Sonos!!!
I have the same problem, Tyringe to leve beta and get errorcode 9 when updating. Please help.
Badge
I have the same problem. Left the beta program and now getting error code 9. Help!
Userlevel 2
Badge
I got the same undocumented error code after leaving the beta program and have spent hours and hours trying to be able to use my 8 SONOS speakers again!!! I will NEVER waste my time with your crappy beta program again if ever I get these things working again. I have tried EVERYTHING A SOFTWARE ENGINEER COULD IMAGINE, including factory resets of ALL speakers (which is real a pain btw) and un/reinstalled all software on my Win10 PC and two Android devices, and my system is DEAD!!! Won't update!!! $3000 down the toilet it seems.

I can't even add one single hard wired speaker to my router w/o the REQUIRED update giving error code 9 and so can't do anything else.

Also, your Android speaker addition logic is crap where you have to run around finding which speaker has the MAC address it want to add, rather than the PC procedure, where you just press the key chord to add the speaker. I can't haul my desktop PC around the house from speaker to speaker, and so would prefer to use the Android. So please fix that most ill thought out scenario as well!!!

Not a happy SONOS user since this is apparently a known problem and there is NOTHING here or on the website that works to actually back out of the beta program, and even that did not work from my PC, and I had to go to the website and do that again!!! Says I'm inactive. And so are my speakers!!!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Same error code 9 message here after leaving the beta program. Disappointing after such a solid quality experience on both my Play 5 and Play 1.

You volunteered for beta. By definition beta software is unfinished software that you are running in order to uncover problems and bugs. A such, it comes with responsibilities and deficiencies. If you are easily disappointed by unfinished software which may have problems and bugs, and comes with responsibilities and deficiencies, I suggest you do not volunteer for beta in the future.

That is a rather outrageous attitude, since as you call it, unfinsihed software should have been tested to the point where 1) it does not destroy your system, and 2) it is possible to back out and go back to the original non-beta. Get off your high horse...

Pretty sure I didn't ask for your opinion or suggestions!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I got the same undocumented error code after leaving the beta program and have spent hours and hours trying to be able to use my 8 SONOS speakers again!!! I will NEVER waste my time with your crappy beta program again if ever I get these things working again. I have tried EVERYTHING A SOFTWARE ENGINEER COULD IMAGINE, including factory resets of ALL speakers (which is real a pain btw) and un/reinstalled all software on my Win10 PC and two Android devices, and my system is DEAD!!! Won't update!!! $3000 down the toilet it seems.

I can't even add one single hard wired speaker to my router w/o the REQUIRED update giving error code 9 and so can't do anything else.

Also, your Android speaker addition logic is crap where you have to run around finding which speaker has the MAC address it want to add, rather than the PC procedure, where you just press the key chord to add the speaker. I can't haul my desktop PC around the house from speaker to speaker, and so would prefer to use the Android. So please fix that most ill thought out scenario as well!!!

Not a happy SONOS user since this is apparently a known problem and there is NOTHING here or on the website that works to actually back out of the beta program, and even that did not work from my PC, and I had to go to the website and do that again!!! Says I'm inactive. And so are my speakers!!!

Hi mushroomhunter,

The beta profile is assigned to your email address. So factory reseting your Sonos system wouldn't help unless you used a different email to register when setting things back up. This beta is different than usual, where it is easy to leave the beta. We'll have to help you do a 2 step update. Please check your inbox for a message from me with some instructions.
Badge

Hi mushroomhunter,

The beta profile is assigned to your email address. So factory reseting your Sonos system wouldn't help unless you used a different email to register when setting things back up. This beta is different than usual, where it is easy to leave the beta. We'll have to help you do a 2 step update. Please check your inbox for a message from me with some instructions.

Hi Jeff S, can you please send the 2-step update to me too. I followed the same process as mushroomhunter. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi mushroomhunter,

Hi Jeff S, can you please send the 2-step update to me too. I followed the same process as mushroomhunter. Thanks!

I can help out. Please check your inbox for a message.
Jeff S, having the same issue. Could you please send me the update instructions too?
Hi Jeff, having the same problem. I'm usually much better about betas and honestly I just didn't read all the instructions. Can you help me out?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

The beta is now complete and you should be able to update to the live version without issue. If you have any trouble, try leaving the beta program. Feel free to message me directly if you need a hand.