Answered

Error 9 when leaving beta and updating software...please help!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

138 replies

Same issue! Hopefully they're working on an update seeing as so many have had the same problem. I have emailed you Sonos, but would appreciate an PM.
Same error code 9 message here after leaving the beta program. Disappointing after such a solid quality experience on both my Play 5 and Play 1.
Same error code 9 message here after leaving the beta program. Disappointing after such a solid quality experience on both my Play 5 and Play 1.

You volunteered for beta. By definition beta software is unfinished software that you are running in order to uncover problems and bugs. A such, it comes with responsibilities and deficiencies. If you are easily disappointed by unfinished software which may have problems and bugs, and comes with responsibilities and deficiencies, I suggest you do not volunteer for beta in the future.
Can i please get a pm? Sonos ignoring this issue and thinking it's minor problem is outrageous.
I would like to downgrade from beta firmware but am having the same problem as others on here. Could i have a PM to advise further please

You volunteered for beta. By definition beta software is unfinished software that you are running in order to uncover problems and bugs. A such, it comes with responsibilities and deficiencies. If you are easily disappointed by unfinished software which may have problems and bugs, and comes with responsibilities and deficiencies, I suggest you do not volunteer for beta in the future.

Pretty sure I didn't ask for your opinion or suggestions!

Then don't post on a public forum, bud.

Then don't post on a public forum, bud.

Still can't see a question mark at the end of my statement.

Still can't see a question mark at the end of my statement.

Still don't need one in order to post on a public forum.
So is sonos ever gonna address this issue so we dont have to individually call them and be on hold for an hour or are we gonna be all left with expensive bricks?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
So is sonos ever gonna address this issue so we dont have to individually call them and be on hold for an hour or are we gonna be all left with expensive bricks?

Hi Bdhkim,

I've sent you a direct message with some instructions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Willu,

Please check your inbox, I've sent you a message.
Hi - same problem. Can I also receive a PM to fix? Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Klewis,

I'm sending you a message now.
Badge

Hi Klewis,

Hey jeff, can you send me a pm as well?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Klewis,

Hey jeff, can you send me a pm as well?

Hi jbabcock,

I'm sending you a message with some instructions.
Can you send me instructions too please? Am on the phone, 73 in line...spent an hour waiting yesterday too...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you send me instructions too please? Am on the phone, 73 in line...spent an hour waiting yesterday too...

Please check your inbox, I'm sending you a message.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
This topic has already been answered here Unable to update error 9. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Only eight minutes elapsed from the time that I initiated the call to the time that my system was restored. Ya, I was pretty upset with Sonos because of this debacle, but I must applaud their call center response time today and the ease at getting the problem resolved.
Please PM me the solution as well, been on hold for support for 15 mins and still 58th in line. Error code 9 trying to downgrade from the beta. I tried uninstalling the controller after leaving the beta and re installing with no luck
Can someone forward me the instructions to resolve this please without calling them because they are closed today
Can someone forward me the instructions to resolve this please without calling them because they are closed today

Not going to do any good. Sonos needs access to your account info.
Note, the Sonos rep in this thread is now accepting PMs for this issue:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/unable-to-update-error-9-6760800/index4.html#post16067425
Same issue here. What prompted me was a message saying that I needed to Re-Authorize Apple music. Now I have Error code 9 and can't roll back after leaving the Beta.
Oh and there is no tech support on the weekend when I call....