Answered

Error 9 when leaving beta and updating software...please help!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

138 replies

The pound sign is the number sign, crosshatch or hashtag symbol, aka the "tic tac toe". - #
Having the same problem recording from beta. Obviously it's my fault for misunderstanding but can someone please PM me to fix it? I'm currently very sad after being over the moon with it!!

Thanks.
Having the same problem recording from beta. Obviously it's my fault for misunderstanding but can someone please PM me to fix it? I'm currently very sad after being over the moon with it!!

Thanks.

Call support directly. If the queue is too long, use the option to have them call you back.
can't use call back as said before i need to enter the pound sign after putting my number has any from the uk called the number ?
can't use call back as said before i need to enter the pound sign after putting my number has any from the uk called the number ?

Did you not see my reply? The pound sign is the crosshatch or number sign - #
yes but it don't work just asks to renter my number
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone,

If you're getting the error 9 after leaving the beta program, please reach out to our phone team for help. Please give us a call, our phone number can be found here.
Kudos to the Sonos support team for a very solid support experience. Makes me feel better about my purchase and my issues. Took awhile to reverse this issue and to work around a router issue I had with a certain feature causing incompatibility.
Ryan- I have the same problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Ryan- I have the same problem.

Hi RobK1954,

I've sent you a private message.
Same thing happened to me this weekend. Bummed cause I just got 2 more Play:1's and was all excited to set them up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same thing happened to me this weekend. Bummed cause I just got 2 more Play:1's and was all excited to set them up.

Hi mkoz44,

Please check for a private message from me.
Same issue, 1.5 hours on hold.
Same issue, 1.5 hours on hold.

After finally getting through - they had to remove me (sonos.com profile) from the beta program "entirely"... apparently clicking "leave beta" is not enough.
Same message here - error 9 and can't update or downgrade after leaving beta. Also can't add music service. I called and there were 168 people In front of me... HELP
Please Help Error 9
My SONOS are in version 6.4 and 7.0
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Please Help Error 9
My SONOS are in version 6.4 and 7.0

You need to phone them on a telephone
Badge +1
Have got mine sorted now via email. Took a couple of days but as I wasn't in any rush it was an easier option for me. Maybe worth a try.
Same issue, please can i get some assistance
Same issue, please can i get some assistance

Your best bet is to call support directly.
Badge +1
Or email customer support directly.
Ryan... I have exactly the same issue. I followed the instructions at https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2978/kw/Leave%20beta#How_to_leave but I get the same error. I too needed access to the room configuration options after a change I made in the room.

Thanks

I'll private message you too.

Same problem, I need support too. Thanks.
I still havent gotten a private message about this either. I never have time during the day to wait on hold for an hour.
Badge +1
I had mine sorted here

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/ask

If you're in the UK fill in the form and someone will contact you and help resolve the problem through a couple of emails.
I have the same error code 9 message across multiple devices after unregistering from the beta program.
I am a uk expat living in Hungary and would prefer someone to message me, don't want to rack up a mega phone bill to uk support.
The Play 3 was purchased in the uk.