Answered

Error 9 when leaving beta and updating software...please help!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

138 replies

This is my first day trying to use Sonos, got a handful of hours in after setting them up and figuring a beta couldn't hurt, it's just new features afterall. Already tried manually backing out, factory resetting and uninstalling my controller apps. Nothing matters, can't get past the failing endless update loop. The only time my controller actually sees the speakers is when one is wired to the router, still can't update though.

Since support hours appear to have ended, will I have to wait until the week to use my new speakers? I was tempted to dive into Sonos, but if $300 in speakers can be rendered useless by a software update it makes me question putting more money into them.
It's not a software update and it most certainly isn't "just new features". It's a beta, which, as described in the beta agreement, carries both responsibilities and possible inconveniences. Also, call support directly and they will get you back to normal in a few minutes. My advice, if you aren't willing to suffer the inconvenience of half baked software, beta is not for you.
Badge
Hey Ryan, can you private message me as well? I'd like to be removed from the beta program.

I'm new to the Sonos world and have been getting random disconnects from my Play:5. Hopefully it's a beta issue and not something with the hardware.
Hi Ryan....please PM me and remove me from the beta program also. Same issues - endless update loop.
I'm having the same problem. I have 2 play5's a sub and a connect. Getting code 9. Please PM me. Thanks
Badge +1
I'm having the same problem too. Got my play 1's setup this morning, joined the beta, left the beta but now get error code 9. Please PM me with details on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Badge
Please pm me too. Left Beta to tune up my Sonos 5 , first gen in addition to my Sonos 1; continuing to get error 9 no matter what I do to correct problems. Thanks. Love the speaker and services. Part of my quality of life. Norm
Badge
Hi Ryan, we have here the same problem with our new sonos devices. Please can you pm us too? Thank you very much!
Hi Ryan, same for me, can you PM me as well please
Hello, if possible I'd like a DM as well. I tried to factory reset my system, and now I can't even add my SUB back into my room. I keep running into the update error. And idk if any of you are running into the same issue, but I can't even control my sonos from the Spotify App in the beta.
Badge
Well, I am currently having the same issue here. PM please.
You are not going to get a PM on the weekend. You are better off calling support directly.
Still not one response from sonos to address this issue. Possibly the worst customer service Ive ever encountered. I had a $200 brick this entire weekend with my family over. Never buying sonos again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Still not one response from sonos to address this issue. Possibly the worst customer service Ive ever encountered. I had a $200 brick this entire weekend with my family over. Never buying sonos again.

Errrrr. YOU signed up to BETA software. By it's very nature this sort of thing is a possibility.

Sonos responded to dozens of posts last week. Their response said that because of privacy concerns, you need to call support to get your account reset. They also were doing it via PM during work hours, but last week was a major holiday in the U.S. and we are now in the weekend.

Errrrr. YOU signed up to BETA software. By it's very nature this sort of thing is a possibility.

Not only signed up for beta, but since they are now trying to remove themselves from beta, they obviously signed up without reading the plain as day warnings that iOS devices were not eligible.
Beta software that was the only route for being able to play apple music. Beta software should also not be bricking a $200 piece of equipment. Sonos should have a failsafe method for downgrading like every other company that provides beta testing
Beta software that was the only route for being able to play apple music.
It wasn't.

Sonos should have a failsafe method for downgrading like every other company that provides beta testing

They usually do. And BTW your system isn't "bricked" as such.
Beta software that was the only route for being able to play apple music. Beta software should also not be bricking a $200 piece of equipment. Sonos should have a failsafe method for downgrading like every other company that provides beta testing

I have no idea where you got the idea that the beta is the only way to play Apple Music, but you couldn't be more incorrect. The current beta is for direct play of Spotify from the Spotify app. It has absolutely nothing to do with playing Apple Music. Apple Music has been available on Sonos for years.
Note, the Sonos beta has never involved resetting security on Sonos accounts before. Also, you can infer that private betas don't usually involve removing oneself from the beta. Obviously, a flaw occurred in the removal process, which did not show up in the private beta, nor was it ever seen before due to the unique circumstances of the account reset.

Welcome to beta, folks. Next time, you may wish to read the Announcements, release info and or beta agreement before enrolling. In any case, the reset of your account only takes a few minutes once you call support.
Badge +1
I'm happy to wait. Was still able to use Tunein. Have emailed customer support.
Me too. No access to room settings after entering into Beta. X 2 play 1 sub 1 playbar and play 5. Tried to call sonos support x 4 times over 5 days and gave up after holding for over 10 mins each time. Premium pricing sub standard customer service. Very unlike Sonos they've always been amazing. What's going on?
Back when i got my beta it was the only route to playing apple music. Thats a fact.
Back when i got my beta it was the only route to playing apple music. Thats a fact.

That beta ended last April. It certainly isn't the only way to add Apple Music now, and has nothing to do with this current beta.
Me too. No access to room settings after entering into Beta. X 2 play 1 sub 1 playbar and play 5. Tried to call sonos support x 4 times over 5 days and gave up after holding for over 10 mins each time. Premium pricing sub standard customer service. Very unlike Sonos they've always been amazing. What's going on?

Choose to have them call you back. No need to wait on hold.