Answered

Error 701 showing up

• 23 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Error 701 showing up and not letting me select songs to play from spotify. 

Can Sonos support help here?

Support number: 1752685793

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 August 2022, 16:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @gght45 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please switch off your router for at least 30 seconds and switch it back on again. It will take a few minutes for WIFi to return, at which point I recommend waiting another minute or two before testing. I recommend you repeat this step about once every month or two, whether you experience issues or not.

If that doesn’t help, I recommend you move the extender broadcasting G36-BC21_EXT to a WiFi channel other than 1 as your main router is also on that channel. Please only use channel 6 or 11. It also seems like it may be very close to the left speaker in Living Room - please separate them by at least 1m.

If you have any devices near your router that broadcast or connect to WiFi (including Sonos speakers), please separate the router from them by at least 1m.

Rebooting the speakers by removing power momentarily may also improve matters.

I did notice that the speakers have been on for 9 days and have lost connection to the network 9 times. The exception to this is one speaker that has been on for 6 days and has lost connection 6 times - do you turn off your router at night? If this is the case, then rebooting the router again won’t help - if the other steps don’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team via phone for some more in-depth troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.

If that doesn’t sum up the total s***-show that is Sonos, I don’t know what does. Firstly - no user knows what a ‘701’ error is, and why should they have to look it up? How about a guide as to what can be done to remedy the situation??

If that doesn’t sum up the total show that is Sonos, I don’t know what does. Firstly - no user knows what a ‘701’ error is, and why should they have to look it up? How about a guide as to what can be done to remedy the situation??

There is a guide here for error 701 on the Sonos support site, but if you look online it’s a UPnP protocol error… you just have to go do a simple browser search…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4761