Question

Error 30 code for 2 of my 3 speakers

• 9 February 2020
  • 14 replies

Diagnostic code: 1056979246 (play 3 not plugged in... trying to add 2nd Play 1) 1, 6 and 11 with the same results

I am unable to update sonos after I ttemot to add a speaker.

I have a sonos 3 and two Play 1.

Only one of the Play 1's are playing and connecting. Initially I couldn't even open the app so I unplugged the original bridge and tried to update all 3 directly on modem. That only worked for the Play 1. I even tried pairing the 2nd play 1 instead of defining it's own room.. that didnt work

Every time I reset the other speaker (hold down play) and add it back to system... it adds and then requests for update and update fails…

Feel sorry for everyone not even able to open App... atleast I can open app with one speaker and change the network channels.. which did nothing.…

I NEEEd HELP!! I ran diagnostics

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Islandmix Thank you for bringing this issue to the Sonos Community. The diagnostic report that you’ve submitted shows you have created multiple household ID’s for your system.  Please take the following steps.

1. Power re-boot your wifi network equipment.
  2. Ethernet wire the Play:3 to your router temporally.
  3. Factory Reset your (2) Play:1 units using this FAQ link.
  4. reconnect into the Sonos app and confirm you see the Play:3 in the rooms tab in the App.

This will ensure you are connected to one household in the Sonos app to then add your (2) Play:1 units under setting, then system, add new product(s) to the same household as the Play:3.

This never worked.... didn't bother trying again but now I need more sound during this quarantine...i am posting a new diagnostic and starting new thread 600972835

My play 3 is not updating...i have tried everything mentioned for error code 30... i added it as a new system... it was detected and added to my sonos... then it fails on update... i followed all instructions... even left unplugged for 1 week and did a factory reset and added it back... but update failed... i plugged out my internet for 15mins... still nothing... this used to work on my bridge...then I updated and added my play 1 with no bridge and play1 works but can't update my play 3 and my other play 1....  

How does it detect/add speaker to the system via wifi... but can't update? even tried connecting directly to router... nothing…

I am at my wits end... should I try to add back bridge... thats the ONLY thing I haven't tried... but need more sound during quarantine

diagnostics 600972835

My previous  post: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/error-30-code-for-2-of-my-3-speakers-6836919#post16404500

I’m having the same issues as Islandmix! I can’t update to version 11.1 for any of my Play1 and Play3 that are part of the Series ID: A100 and A101.

What going on SONOS?

Where andhow do I check the series ID I have for either....only one of my play 1s work and I think that was the one bought few months later....so maybe newer 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@GrabaJava Thank you for bringing your concerns to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. We will need your full network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged). Your email that is assigned to your Community account shows you’ve submitted a diagnostic report number. Along with having products not securely registered we can see that you have more than one network router.

I would ask that you first go in the Sonos app on your mobile device and look in the rooms tab next to browse. Do you see a prompt to register your products? Please tap on them and register them. Once that completes please confirm if you are still having the issue and provide us an updated diagnostic report number in your reply here.

If that did not correct the issue then with the above gathered topology information:

1. Power off/on your modem/router(s)/extenders/access point(s) and beacon(s) in the wall outlets for 30 seconds with no lights.
  2. As they are powering back on then power re-boot your Sonos products, all 10, for 30 seconds
  3. As they are powering back on then re-boot the device(s) you have running the Sonos app.

After you are reconnected please confirm in the rooms tab that your products are securely registered as it appears yo have also factory reset some of your Sonos products. In combination of not knowing your network topology you may have network equipment that have a feature of AirTime Fairness that would need to be disabled separately for the 2.4 G and 5 G bandwidth. I would ask that you confirm that first as you will want to re-boot the network and Sonos after any network setting changes. You can then follow up here with your testing results, network topology and new diagnostic report number.

Lastly, without knowing your home environment with wall materials and distance between Sonos products or where they are placed you will also want to reduce wifi interference affecting your Sonos products performance in your home and wifi environment. 

@Islandmix You can see that information in the Sonos app by tapping settings » system » scroll down to system settings » about my Sonos system

@John G .... ummm can u look at my original post that has diagnostics info that was submitted 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Islandmix Can you confirm for me what happened after the steps provided in my earlier post? You have created multiple household ID’s by factory resetting your Sonos products and adding them back when not connected to the current working household ID. You were showing products not securely registered as well. Please follow the previous supplied steps and follow up with the results and a new diagnostic report number.

@Islandmix Thank you for bringing this issue to the Sonos Community. The diagnostic report that you’ve submitted shows you have created multiple household ID’s for your system.  Please take the following steps.

1. Power re-boot your wifi network equipment.
  2. Ethernet wire the Play:3 to your router temporally.
  3. Factory Reset your (2) Play:1 units using this FAQ link.
  4. reconnect into the Sonos app and confirm you see the Play:3 in the rooms tab in the App.

This will ensure you are connected to one household in the Sonos app to then add your (2) Play:1 units under setting, then system, add new product(s) to the same household as the Play:3.

I solved my problem! I returned my Sonos speakers at Costco that I couldn’t update. Got some new Sonos speakers and updated them without any problems. 

That makes me wonder if they were ‘open box’ items, and had already been set up on someone else’s system. 

The original sealed stickers and packaging didn’t seemed to be damaged or tempered with. Costco.ca don’t sell open boxes items online. During the 8 months I had them I never had any issues updating them until version 11.1. I recently was able to update 6 speakers out of 10 without any problem. 

I’m still a fan of SONOS and hoping that my Play 1 and Play 3 speakers will still be supported for the next few years. 

I just wish SONOS would follow Fujifilm’s footsteps when it comes to supporting their legacy devices.

So far, there’s absolutely no indication that Sonos is going to stop supporting any of their speakers, in fact, that’s what the whole S1/ S2 split is all about, so all the speakers that people own will continue to work as they do today. Those that migrate to S2 will get new features, those that stay on S1 will just continue to work without getting the new features.  

@John G 

Followed above instruction up till Step 4.... then got 1101 and could not submit diagnostics for play 3... at this point i didnt do factory reset for play3 cuz not mentioned in instructions

Then I factory reset play 3 and followed instructions again

All were added in succession after play 3...all failed in update

Here is diagnostics: 1270436138

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Islandmix Thank you for the follow up information and the diagnostic report number. We are asking that you call in for further troubleshooting steps with our phone agents, as they will have more tools available to them. I will create a case and DM you the case number to use when on the call with the agent.