Answered

Error 1101 - can't update the latest software

• 3 September 2018
  • 14 replies

I have rebooted my router, extender, sonos devices, etc. several times, and I'm still getting error 1101. Is there anything else I can try?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 3 September 2018, 03:11

If you can run an Ethernet to one Sonos device, give it a few minutes to stabilize and try the update again.

If it still fails post a diagnostic and put the number here for Sonos to look at.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If you can run an Ethernet to one Sonos device, give it a few minutes to stabilize and try the update again.

If it still fails post a diagnostic and put the number here for Sonos to look at.
Badge
I have rebooted my router, extender, sonos devices, etc. several times, and I'm still getting error 1101. Is there anything else I can try?
I have the same issue. My Android controller updates just fine, but my Mac won't update, nor will the system.
@trogdor235 - ditto here:(
It´s the update of my Mac that´s falling (1101). On my Iphone it works. I´ve rebooted all and now tried to put an ethernet-cable directly to the Sonos, but it didn´t help either.
Userlevel 2
Hi - I have the same problem. Can´t access the Sonos system from outside; tried iPhone, iPad and mac but it all says it needs an update but then I get the same message; Problem with update and error core 1101. Any solution? Just updated to IOS 12 - could that be the problem?
What version of the Sonos software do you have on the iPhone, iPad, and Mac?

According to the FAQ on this website, it's saying that an error 1101 is that the app itself is cancelling the update. I'm thinking that it may be taking too much time to process the update. How many speakers do you have? How is your system set up?

One thing I'd try is to wire at least one of your Sonos speakers to the router with an ethernet cable, waiting about 5 minutes, and then trying the update again. That would put all your Sonos devices temporarily on SonosNet, on the offhand chance that you've got some wifi interference that is causing a timeout on the software update.
I am having the same issues and have followed all the trouble shooting steps to no avail. Have submitted a diagnostic - hopefully someone can help
I cannot update my Sonos Controller - error message "please try restarting the controller & checking for updates again". Sonos system is otherwise working but there is an update available. I have restarted the controller and rebooted the computer several times in last 24hrs. Controller version 9.1 on MacBookPro - MacOs 10.14 Mojave, system runs off ethernet connected Boost - any suggestions ?
Have just submitted diagnostics 770077508 in relation to post 21mins ago
My system has been acting up since yesterday. I've rebooted my entire system and even connected one speaker via ethernet. I can play music from a device, but not connect to any music services once I connect back to wifi. I continue to also get Error 1101 when trying to update. Controllers are v9.2, speakers and ZB are v9.1. Wifi is ok as other devices on network are online. Any advice?
Day 3 and Controller has now updated to 9.2 - hallelujah !
I tried everything that was suggested for 1101 with no success. Then I tried just reinstalling the controller on my PC and that fixed it, everything working now...so just something else to try for everyone that is having issues. Hope it helps.
I have 7 Connect:AMP devices (big house, lots of in-wall speakers...) -- gave up on using Wi-Fi on them and use direct-connect -- problem went away for those.
But -- read-up on how direct connection works -- if it's not done right you can get a serious network problem ("storm") and will not be at all happy.

However, for the other devices like Sonos speakers... that's another story.

Usually re-trying the update a few times will do the trick, but I have also had situations where I had to plug-in an ethernet cable on devices -- then the update would work.

Bugs the heck out of me when that happens -- hauling around a long ethernet cable across the house to each speaker is a small pain.

The worst-case I've ever had with Sonos -- nothing suggested by support would work to get the update rolling right -- finally ended up doing factory-reset on every device and reinstalling everything like new. That was loads and hours of fun.

When Sonos works -- it's awesome. When it doesn't work, it is extremely frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Something that cured a lot of my update woes was setting static/reserved IP addresses for my Sonos gear. After a reboot everything cycle much Sonos strangeness has never happened again.