Question

Error 1002 With Apple Music

• 2 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge
I have had an issue with Apple Music since it has been on Sonos. I cannot shuffle songs or use the new single click feature as I continually get a 1002 error. I have tried everything I have found with no success. I I I have had problems with Apple Music since it has been on Sonos. I cannot shuffle my library or use the new 1 click feature for songs as 1 constantly get a 1002 error. Based on what I've read, it is interference but I can not track down the source.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge
Diagnostic submitted 6601255
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Diagnostic submitted 6601255

Hi Spartan4,

There's wireless interference showing up which is causing communication errors between your components. This is likely why you're getting errors when trying to add tracks to the queue. Please start by changing the wireless channel.

It may also help to take a look around your Sonos units for third party wireless devices which could be causing interference. If you find any such devices, try moving them away from your speakers and see if things improve.
Badge
I tried changing the wireless channels on both Sonos and the router. The only wireless device near one of the Play 5's is an Airport express that I use to enable AirPlay. When you say near, what are you talking in terms of distance?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I tried changing the wireless channels on both Sonos and the router. The only wireless device near one of the Play 5's is an Airport express that I use to enable AirPlay. When you say near, what are you talking in terms of distance?

Usually devices such as cordless phones, wireless baby monitors, wireless cameras, and the like can cause interference if they are within 5-10 feet of your speaker. Another thing to keep in mind though is that if you have such a device in between 2 Sonos speakers it may cause interference.