Answered

Error 1002 When attempting to add second Sub

• 25 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I just got a second subwoofer to add to my Sonos Immersive set with arc which has 1 arc, 1 sub and 2 ones. When I attempted adding the second sub to the system It failed and said “there was a problem verifying your Sonos app” And also said “Error code 1002” I searched the error code up and did everything sonos says to do to resolve this error code and it didn’t work. I also tried going to my products in the sonos s2 settings and clicking on the product group of my home theatre and then scrolling down to the button which says “Connect second sub” when clicking on that button I was  given a note saying “ To connect a second sub add a sub to your Sonos system” I have a sub gen 3 connected to my home theatre system already so why am I receiving that note. I’m extremely frustrated and confused what is happening and wanting to figure this out. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 25 February 2022, 21:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Is your Sonos app and all Sonos devices up to date? Have you tried connecting the new Sub to your router with an ethernet cable before setting it up in the Sonos app?

Yes everything in the system is up to date. Which makes me really curious what is happening I guess the only thing  left to do is call sonos and hopefully they will be able to help me resolve this issue. 

Userlevel 7

Have you tried connecting the new Sub to your router with an ethernet cable before setting it up in the Sonos app?

You might also try deleting and re-installing the Sonos app and rebooting your router.