Answered

Error 1002 since new mac

Since i bought a new macbook pro I've been experiencing issues while playing music with sonos. It works for an hour and then it stops. I have to reboot my router to make it work again.
Same problem tonight, I tried to remove my library, and now can't add it again, error 1002. I'm very annoyed.

Diagnostic 673735823
Airplay works.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 30 January 2019, 23:00

srezzonico wrote:

Since i bought a new macbook pro I've been experiencing issues while playing music with sonos. It works for an hour and then it stops. I have to reboot my router to make it work again.
Same problem tonight, I tried to remove my library, and now can't add it again, error 1002. I'm very annoyed.

Diagnostic 673735823
Airplay works.

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. It looks like your router is returning an external network address when your Sonos system tries to connect to the music share. This is usually cleared up by rebooting the router, and rebooting the computer. Try that, then see if the music share will add.

I also notice that your speakers are losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. This is likely due to wireless interference from nearby networks running on the same channel. Please try changing your main wireless network's channel to 6 and see if that helps.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20
srezzonico wrote:

Diagnostic 673735823
Airplay works.

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. It looks like your router is returning an external network address when your Sonos system tries to connect to the music share. This is usually cleared up by rebooting the router, and rebooting the computer. Try that, then see if the music share will add.

I also notice that your speakers are losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. This is likely due to wireless interference from nearby networks running on the same channel. Please try changing your main wireless network's channel to 6 and see if that helps.
The problem is still there. Either i have a "song x cannot be found" or a "cannot add to queue 1002" error.
I don't know how to change the wireless networks. I see only 5 channels.
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
srezzonico wrote:

The problem is still there. Either i have a "song x cannot be found" or a "cannot add to queue 1002" error.
I don't know how to change the wireless networks. I see only 5 channels.

Most routers can be accessed by navigating to the router's network address in an internet browser. Try heading to http://192.168.1.1 and see if it brings up a login prompt. Often, the router's access name and password are written on the side of the router, and are different than your wireless password. Once logged in, head to the wireless settings page to find the router's 2.4 ghz wireless channel.

If you're having trouble logging in, or changing the channel, reach out to your internet service provider who should be able to help.
Thanks, I managed to access the router setup, and in the 2.4ghz settings, there are only 5 channels, 1 to 5, currently set on 1. We also have a 5ghz wireless network, there are 5 channels as well 36/40/44/48/149, current set on automatic.

So I'm not sure what else to do?

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings