Error 1002 leading to "one of your speakers is unplugged"

• 13 October 2017
  • 1 reply

While I had hoped this was fixed when I called and spoke to a Sonos rep earlier today... NOPE! So, I have a Playbar, Sub, and two Play1 speakers set up as a surround sound. I have almost no issues with them when using my TV... I AM, however, having sporadic (lately happening more and more) issues using them to play music via the Sonos app on my Android cell phone. Sometimes when I go to play music, it will give me the warning that my selection will delete some playlist, I accept, it stalls a while, and then I get the 1002 error message and no music. THEN, it pushes me into the "it appears one of your speakers is unplugged" derpy message and I can't use the app until the system stops drooling and comes back together. The speaker it's referring to is always the Playbar and it is NEVER unplugged. I ran a diagnostic just now (7948758).

When I spoke to the rep earlier, he had me unplug ethernet cable from sub and plug it into the Playbar. It worked fine afterward (though it sometimes does anyway) and he said things looked way better on his end. Well, it just happened again. How do we fix this junk? (Along with the ethernet cable attempt, I just deleted and redownloaded Sonos app AND reset up my Sonos system. It did nothing to help.

- Brian

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Pnhporocim: Are you still having this problem? I'd be happy to take a closer look at whats happening. Would you mind sending a new diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end? Additionally, could you tell us a little more about your local network? What is the make and model of your router? Thanks in advance.