Answered

Epson moviemate 60 connecting a sonos play 5 speaker

• 30 May 2018
  • 3 replies

So, when I connect my play 5 speaker via input jack to my moviemate 60 via the head phone jack (3.5) I'm getting a lag with the audio, mouth movement doesn't match the sound. Any ideas of how to fix it?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 1 June 2018, 23:23

So, when I connect my play 5 speaker via input jack to my moviemate 60 via the head phone jack (3.5) I'm getting a lag with the audio, mouth movement doesn't match the sound. Any ideas of how to fix it?

Hi Troy_10,

When using the line-in port on the PLAY:5, the Sonos system will show a bit of latency. This is so the speaker can stream that audio to other speakers in your setup. You can reduce this lag by changing the compression setting to uncompressed in the Sonos app's settings menu under advanced settings. This can sometimes cause issues when streaming that audio to multiple speakers though, as it increases the bandwidth used.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Troy_10,

When using the line-in port on the PLAY:5, the Sonos system will show a bit of latency. This is so the speaker can stream that audio to other speakers in your setup. You can reduce this lag by changing the compression setting to uncompressed in the Sonos app's settings menu under advanced settings. This can sometimes cause issues when streaming that audio to multiple speakers though, as it increases the bandwidth used.
Thank you for your advice, it works great now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thank you for your advice, it works great now.

That's great news. Let me know if you run into any more trouble.