Endless problems with Sonos Roam

• 25 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hey everyone

Is there anyone else here having issues with Roam? I do, and hasn’t stopped since I bought it. It lasts no more than a couple of days connected to WiFi and then I need to reconfigure it again. Battery doesn’t lasts as much as Sonos claims. Microphone can’t be turned on (I guess is because Roam gets disconnected from network).

I have other three Sonos products which have no issues, but this little guy has really disappointed me. And yesterday I decided to call Customer Supports which really wasn’t helpful at all claiming that I have a network issue which it is not. I have my home with a lot of smart devices and none has a single problem with network.

I do really want to take it back because it has really a waste of money. Any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If you want the battery charge to last longer, rather than just putting the Roam to sleep, turn off the Roam completely by pressing and holding down the power button for about 5 seconds until you hear a descending chime. Or with the latest 13.4 update, you can enable Battery Saver mode which will automatically shut off the Roam after 30 minutes of being idle.

I am rather pleased with my Roam and understood that the microphone is (also) used for ‘automatic’ TruePlay tuning. Maybe you need to turn off this feature to use the microphone for voice commands.