Answered

Encoding error with playlists from Amazon Music

• 7 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

As discussed elsewhere the HD upgrade in Amazon Music broke existing Sonos playlists. Apparently the only workaround is to recreate your playlists from scratch. The least excruciating approach I have found so far is as follows:

• In the Sonos desktop controller open the broken playlist and attempt to play.
  • Observe that the playlist appears in the Queue panel and for each song
  • From the Queue panel (not the Music selection panel) select Info and Options from the song dropdown
  • Select Album Info from the Info panel
  • Now select View All Songs on Album
  • From the album song list use the song drop down to add the original playlist’s song to a new play list. This will add the new version of the file to the new playlist.
  • If you like display the new playlist on your mobile device so you can see the list grow as you add the songs 

It is still a mind numbing and tedious process but at least the layout of the desktop controller lets you stay organized.

icon

Best answer by James L. 8 November 2021, 10:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hey @andersm,

Thanks for sharing your workaround!

Moving the playlist contents from Amazon Music to a Sonos playlist has indeed been shown to workaround this issue and is something I’d recommend for those who have access to the desktop controller.

Let me know if there’s anything I can help with.