Answered

Edgerouter with Boost not working

• 17 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
My Sonos setup was working fine with my Asus router but I can’t get it to work on the EdgeOS with the Edgerouter 12.

I’m using a Boost wired to the router and my Beam is connected via wireless. Two subnets are created but everything is using the same subnet.
Are there any ports I need open or special configuration changes I should make?
icon

Best answer by ninjaguy 18 January 2019, 07:02

I’m not sure what happened but after leaving it on overnight it works now without any configuration changes. Boost wired to switch port and Beam connected to SonosNet
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I have an edge router but haven't used it recently, when I did the default setup worked with no issues.

You say you have a Beam wired to the router, is it directly to the router or via a switch?

When you say the Beam is connecting via WiFi do you mean your home WiFi or the Beam's SonosNet?

Are your controlling devices on the same subnet?

If everything is on the same subnet there are no ports that need opened or any other configuration changes (to the router) needed.

Can you see the Boost from the controller?

Can you see the Beam from the controller?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I’m not sure what happened but after leaving it on overnight it works now without any configuration changes. Boost wired to switch port and Beam connected to SonosNet