Question

Echoey sound from playbar

• 31 August 2015
  • 5 replies

Hello I'm not happy with the playbar sound,seems very echoey with speech on my TV.ive tried turning the night sound and speech switch on and off but it's still poor,thanks:(

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Have you turned the tv speakers off?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
^ You'll be able to tell if you haven't as you will hear sound through the TV if they're still on (causing the echo)

Double check in your TV Settings in Audio that your TV speakers are off
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello I'm not happy with the playbar sound,seems very echoey with speech on my TV.ive tried turning the night sound and speech switch on and off but it's still poor,thanks:(
Hi User586608, where you able to resolve the echo problem? If not please send us a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number.
Here's an article link: Submit Diagnostic
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Sounds to me like the TV speakers are still on. They need to be disabled when using the playbar or you'll get a horrible echo effect. Check in the TV settings to use external audio system or something like that.
Thanks for the advice on here. I was very disappointed with the echo from my playbar and now it has gone, yes the TV speaker was on and now it's off vastly improving the sound!