Answered

Echo with sound-bar and one

• 31 October 2019
  • 87 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

87 replies

Hi Marcel, I see you got answered in another thread, but the 10.6.1 software has a fix for this issue. Just make sure you have that installed and you should be all set.

Indeed, and thanks. Can’t wait to update and test this evening. 

Have you updated to the new Sonos controller, version 10.6.1?

If you have, then you’re experiencing a different issue, and I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

I finally had a chance to update. Everything seems to be working correctly now. Thank you for your help!

Hi,

I’m using a Beam in combination with 2 Sonos Ones and a sub in a surround setting.

I have been facing the echo issues for the last weeks as well. I’ve updated the Sonos app on all my devices to version 10.6.1, however I am still facing the same echo effect. It only becomes apparent after an hour or more. The echo effect is very clear if a person is talking e.g on the radio, then it becomes very annoying. The only thing which helps is pushing the stop and play buttons in the app.

Are other users also still facing this issue?

Hi,

I’m using a Beam in combination with 2 Sonos Ones and a sub in a surround setting.

I have been facing the echo issues for the last weeks as well. I’ve updated the Sonos app on all my devices to version 10.6.1, however I am still facing the same echo effect. It only becomes apparent after an hour or more. The echo effect is very clear if a person is talking e.g on the radio, then it becomes very annoying. The only thing which helps is pushing the stop and play buttons in the app.

Presumably you have installed the latest update .. check the software version on all your devices in “Settings/System/About my System”. If the problem persists then when it happens again Submit a Sonos Diagnostic, post the generated reference number here and contact Sonos Customer Care 24/7 help.

Hi,

Presumably you have installed the latest update .. check the software version on all your devices in “Settings/System/About my System”. If the problem persists then when it happens again Submit a Sonos Diagnostic, post the generated reference number here and contact Sonos Customer Care 24/7 help.

Hi,

I have sent the diagnostic information with ref number 225870985.

Thanks for looking into this.

Nico-84, 

Make sure you contact Sonos through the link I supplied in my earlier post. Hope you get it sorted soon.👍

Nico-84, 

Make sure you contact Sonos through the link I supplied in my earlier post. Hope you get it sorted soon.👍

Thank you Ken Griffiths,
I was contacted today by Sonos support. They suggested to make my Beam the group coordinator and then add my connect:amp after that. I didn’t know a speaker could be a group coordinator.  I’m trying it out now and it seems to have solved the problem untill now. Good news!

Ah I see, I thought the recent fix in the 10.6.1 update was for that issue, but see that’s perhaps not the case then. So that’s my mistake.

I’m fairly sure the suggestion of using the Beam as the GC will work for you. Thanks so much for the feedback/update too - that’s really appreciated. 👍 

Hey I'm here to call out the same echo issue. Using Play:1 with Playbar, and getting an echo when listening to TV. 

Have the Playbar as first device (not sure how to make it 'coordinator' but really it would be great if grouping them synced them. 

I accidentally submitted diagnostics just now from reading this thread - I thought I'd be able to write a description of the issue of.

Hey I'm here to call out the same echo issue. Using Play:1 with Playbar, and getting an echo when listening to TV. 

Have the Playbar as first device (not sure how to make it 'coordinator' but really it would be great if grouping them synced them. 

I accidentally submitted diagnostics just now from reading this thread - I thought I'd be able to write a description of the issue of.

Try the TV Dialog Sync slider bar in the Playbar room settings, that will/should fix the echo problem for you.

I am having the same issue. My TV is one sound source and the other sound source are my playbar and my two play 1’s that I am utilizing for surround sound. The only way that the echo stops is to Turn the TVs sound off. 

Has there been any updates on this? 

I am having the same issue. My TV is one sound source and the other sound source are my playbar and my two play 1’s that I am utilizing for surround sound. The only way that the echo stops is to Turn the TVs sound off. 

Has there been any updates on this? 

The issue you’re hearing would likely happen with every soundbar/receiver, as the internal speakers are meant to be ‘off’ ... most TV’s switch off their internal speakers automatically, as soon as any external Home Theatre system is attached...it’s a case (normally) of using the internal TV speakers ‘or’ the external HT system and not both at the same time. Nothing for Sonos to update here.. I would discuss the issue you are experiencing with your TV manufacturers customer support, or see if there is a later firmware/software update for the TV which may resolve the matter.