Answered

Echo on speech

• 26 May 2017
  • 7 replies

My new sound base has an echo on speech on terrestrial channels. Perfectly OK on satellite.

Any thoughts and help?
icon

Best answer by StevenF 27 May 2017, 18:19

many thanks - we've sorted the problem in line with one of your earlier suggestions.
It was an issue with the TV speaker. To completely disable the TV speakers (a Panasonic Viera TX-L32E30B) we had to activate a service menu to put the TV into "hotel" mode.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Echo? Do you mean it is echoing with regards to the TV's internal speakers? If so, the Playbar/Playbase is designed to be used with the internal TV speakers turned off.
no - its through the soundbar. The sound is quite normal when its on sky or now TV. The problem is only on terrestrial TV.

thanks
Sounds like some sort of issue with your TV. The speaker's just a dumb device that takes what is handed off to it and plays it.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi StevenF,

If you don't mind, please submit a diagnostic and post the confirmation number? This will give us a snapshot of your Sonos system so that we can determine if the PLAYBAR or the TV is producing these echoes.
many thanks - we've sorted the problem in line with one of your earlier suggestions.
It was an issue with the TV speaker. To completely disable the TV speakers (a Panasonic Viera TX-L32E30B) we had to activate a service menu to put the TV into "hotel" mode.
Hi I have this same issue with my new beam. When watching terrestrial tv every few minutes can hear the speech Audio at a lower volume echoing in the background. It’s a hitachi tv and I can’t disable the tv speakers as far as I can see but audio is set to come through external amp so there is no sound from the tv. Any ideas?
Hi my diagnosistic number is 1211103026