Answered

Dual Sonos Sub Gen 3 Not Recognized by Windows 10 / Dolby Atmos for home theater

Howdy,

Confirmed that if casting from cell phone YouTube app to Sonos Home Theater group that Arc and both Gen 3 Subs work. However, after messing with settings in Windows 10 / Dolby Atmos for home theater, I am unable to produce any tones via the Gen 3 Subs when setup is RTX 3090 GPU / PC → LG CX → ARC via eARC.

How do you get Windows to recognize the Gen 3 Subs?

Any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 June 2021, 10:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What signal is your PC outputting?

Edit.

Try running Dxdiag on your PC and check the audio settings tab.

Thanks for the reply @UKMedia.

After running DirectX Diagnostic Tool, I didn’t see any parameter for signal; however, the Device is LG TV SSCR (NVIDIA High Definition Audio) and the driver is nvhda64v.sys version 1.3.38.40 (English).

Is there any other detail needed from this tool?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you please check what the audio settings are on your LG TV? There have been a lot of issues reported with LG TV's.

Sure. They are as follows:

Sound Out = HDMI ARC

eARC = On

HDMI Input Audio Format = Bistream

AV Sync Adjustment = Bypass

Digital Sound Out = Pass Through

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @the_jsg 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.