Answered

DTS problem while playing a Bluray Disc on PS4

• 19 November 2021
  • 10 replies

Hello,

I tested today the DTS sound with a Bluray Disc via a PS4 with my Playbase but the sound is hacked ( not continious). In the sound settings of the PS4, i did opt for the dts format.

Does anyone know a solution for this problem?

Best regards,

monte03

icon

Best answer by Monte03 12 March 2022, 11:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Same DTS problem with nvida shield + Arc. Stuttering sound.

Beam (Gen 1) with nvida shield DTS sound is ok. Must be a sotware issue :-(

Userlevel 7

While the disc is playing on the PS4, have you pressed the Options button > Settings > Audio Format and set it to Bitstream (Direct)?

While the disc is playing on the PS4, have you pressed the Options button > Settings > Audio Format and set it to Bitstream (Direct)?

Hello, no i opted in the sound settings of the PS4 for DTS. But I will try bitstream direct.

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7

Hello, no i opted in the sound settings of the PS4 for DTS. But I will try bitstream direct.

Thanks for your help

There are two separate audio settings that you need to set on the PS4:

1. Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings > Audio Format (Priority) > Bitstream (DTS)
  1. While the disc is playing, press the Options button on the PS4 controller, select Settings > Audio Format > Bitstream (Direct).
Badge

Hello, I have the same problem with the PS5, games and blu-ray disc movies. The sound is not continious by hdmi arc.

Hello,

After the latest update of the Sonos app, i retried it on the PS4, but the sound was still shuttering. Is the problem related to Sonos or the PS4?

Can someone with the same config try and report please ?

Best regards,

monte03

Badge

Hello,

After the latest update of the Sonos app, i retried it on the PS4, but the sound was still shuttering. Is the problem related to Sonos or the PS4?

Can someone with the same config try and report please ?

Best regards,

monte03

On PS5, i have the same problem than you for games and  bluray disc movies.

Badge

Hello, 

I think problem com from the TV. HDMI of my TV are 2.0, i bought a hdmi earc splitter FeinTech VAX04101 version usb and DTS is working good now. I have dolby true HD also but the DTS HD doesn't work yet. May be sonos will do an update soon. 

Hello,

I can confirm that the problem was TV and not Sonos related. I Have a Philips TV and after the latest firmware update of the TV with eArc HDMI changes, everything works fine now :)

Problem resolved !

If you have also a Philips TV :

• get the latest firmware
  • go to audio settings and set it to “Mehrkanal bypass” sorry i don’t know the english translation
  • on PS4 set the audio setting to “Bitstream DTS”
  • in the settings of your blu-ray choose “DTS”
  • and finally in the settings part while playing the blu-ray disc choose “Bitstream”

Best regards,

monte03

Badge

Hello, you are right, I downloaded the lastest firmare and it’s working now.