Dropping rooms

• 1 September 2021
  • 9 replies

I have Connect AMP wired to the router and Play1 and Play3 running in other rooms.

All products are still on S1 app.

Very regularly i loose Play1 or Play3 but never Connect.

If i try to add new product S1 App never finds the product, but after a while the speaker would appear on its own. It is annoying because it generally happens when i need/want to use it.

I am thinking it might be linked to S1 vs S2 and product updates.

Can i run Connect AMP wired and on S1 and Play1 & Play3 wifi only on S2?

Do i need two separate accounts or can use same account/login to both apps? 

Can i then link my Spotify to both S1 and S2 at the same time?

thanks for help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Hi there, I have the same issue on a new system except I am using only S2. I have 8 amps plus an Arc with surrounds and a variety of Play 1, 3s, and Playbar. If I press pause on the music I constantly lose one of the amps and the Playbar.  

My old setup never dropped rooms, wondering what can help solve for this. 

I think I figured my issue out. I had a special character in a room name (Kitchen/Living Room) which I think was causing the issue. Changing it to “Kitchen and Living Room” seems to have solved the issue. 

… and I updated Sonos to the latest version of software and it is now dropping zones again

Frequently, missed ‘rooms’ after a software update are an indication of issues in your router. I’d recommend unplugging all Sonos device from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router has come back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.

Thanks, small clarification. The rooms are there and can be grouped, when I do group them they play fine. It is when I press pause I have a few rooms drop out of the group.. it is always the same two rooms, one is a playbar, another is a Sonos Amp. It is just odd why the rooms continue to drop from the group after pressing pause. 

I’d still do that procedure. There’s absolutely nothing in your response that would negate the potential of it being a networking issue. 

If that process doesn’t work, then I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks Bruce, will do. Appreciate the input

I rebooted everything in the order you recommended but unfortunately it still has an issue. When the system started up, I grouped the rooms, and just like before when it sat idle a set of rooms ungrouped on their own. I don’t really understand why this happens. On to a system diagnostic now 

Well, at least you eliminated one possibility. I’ll be interested to hear what Sonos has to say once you contact them.