Answered

Dropping Out

Badge
My system consist of (2) Play 1, (1) Sub and a Playbase. Everything was running good until last night when my sub and playone's dropped off (lost the surround sounds). Re-installed the sub and playone's, performed trueplay tuning again, with-in an hour the sub dropped off this time but the playone's stayed on line. The sound got choppy and then the sub dropped out. I noticed that when this happened the white light on my playbase started flashing right before this happened both times. What could have caused this to happen? Would plugging one of my Playone's into my router and setting my system up as a boost solve this (one of my rear speakers is with-in two feet of my router)? First time Sonos owner.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 16 May 2018, 01:45

Thanks for your patience, bayoupr. I was able to get a closer look at the diagnostic report and it seems that both of the surround speakers in the Den are being "kicked" from the network (de-authorized). Normally, this points to a problem between Sonos and the wireless router. That being said, it would be best to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time over a remote session.

Thanks again!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, bayoupr. Welcome to the community. We can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause for you. Many thanks in advance.
Badge
Submitted my diagnostic with confirmation #1863495291. Since my initial post I went to set this up as a boost connection buy check the system and seen it was already set as WM:0 (all my speakers and playbase). I have since hard wired one of my play 1 into my router using the supplied Ethernet cable. Haven't ran the unit through a test yet to see if this will continue or not.
Badge
Any update on this issue? Did my diagnostic look good or is there a problem with my setup? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for your patience, bayoupr. I was able to get a closer look at the diagnostic report and it seems that both of the surround speakers in the Den are being "kicked" from the network (de-authorized). Normally, this points to a problem between Sonos and the wireless router. That being said, it would be best to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time over a remote session.

Thanks again!
Badge
It's going to be awhile before I can do this because I am out of town for several weeks. If you can, keep this open until I can get back to perform this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No worries, bayoupr. Should you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to reply here.