Answered

Dropped Zones

• 27 March 2020
  • 3 replies

HI, I seem to have lost 2 of my zones from my network, strangely enough they are 2 zones that have older speakers. One is a Play 1 and the other a Playbar. Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by Chris 27 March 2020, 02:34

If rebooting doesn’t help.    What I like to do is plug a working unit into your router.   Give it a few minutes then see if they come up.   If they come up make sure they are running latest software.   Then go into settings ...system….network … wireless setup (to make sure wireless settings get written properly to all devices).

Then unplug the unit hooked to router and all should be good.

I’m assuming here you don’t have any sonos devices already hard wired to router.

This just makes sure all have clean correct firmware and all have proper wifi settings.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If rebooting doesn’t help.    What I like to do is plug a working unit into your router.   Give it a few minutes then see if they come up.   If they come up make sure they are running latest software.   Then go into settings ...system….network … wireless setup (to make sure wireless settings get written properly to all devices).

Then unplug the unit hooked to router and all should be good.

I’m assuming here you don’t have any sonos devices already hard wired to router.

This just makes sure all have clean correct firmware and all have proper wifi settings.

Duplicate response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You could try that first to see - oops Airgetlam deleted his … but he had good advice to in trying a router reboot before going as far as my steps.