Question

Dropped speaker

I have 2 play-1s and a beam- randomly one of my play-1 just dropped from my sonos app entirely and i cant play music or reconnect. Help

3 replies

Are the play:1’s 'bonded' with the Beam in a Home Theatre setup, or are they in another 'Sonos' Room?

Did you try powering off/on the speaker, to see if that resolves the problem?
They are just in another room, not bonded. I did not try the on off yet.
If there are lights/power to the speaker, you could just try powering it off/on... its worth trying that, as you are not actually seeing it in your Sonos App.

If you want to be cautious and try to take a System snapshot of the speaker, you can hold down its 'play/pause' and 'volume down' buttons for 10 seconds until you see some LED light activity and then reboot the speaker. If it comes back online, submit a system diagnostic in the Sonos App Advanced Settings and make a note of it’s reference number and post that back here... then just press the 'play/pause' button again to get it out of diagnostic mode and then see how it goes after that.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings