Question

Dropouts

• 21 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I had a SL, a sub in one room and a play 5 in another and this worked sweet for the past month since I had them. I picked up a Sonos One voice control today and put it in the same room as the Sonos SL and sub and I keep getting dropouts when switching songs, like the sub and left SL will go off for a few seconds then come back in. 

my WiFi is ok and it was working yesterday. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @twiddley.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the concern, let me help and try to figure this out.

When issues like this spring up,  the more information we can gather will help us resolve the problem:

• What is the music source for playback, have you tried different music services and see if the same issue is happening?
  • Is this only on two players, Sonos SL Left and Sub, and the other players are not? 
  • Are you playing music while the speakers are grouped together?

To better understand the Sonos set up, kindly submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

You may also refer to this article that provides common fixes for audio interruptions while playing music services on Sonos.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.