Answered

Dropout

• 10 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have several Sonos products but I’m constantly suffering dropout when using the app on my iPhone 8+. This also used to happen on my last phone so I don’t think it’s an issue with my phone. I’ve sent several diagnostics but to no avail. It means I’m unable to control my Sonos which is most inconvenient. Can you help please? Thanks
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 12 December 2018, 19:08

Hi, it’s the whole Sonos system that drops out not just a particular audio source. It says it cannot find Sonos. Please see submitted diagnostics ref 1138821231

Thanks for the report, it doesn't show much as your controller isn't connected to the Sonos system. Please check out this guide, which has some great troubleshooting steps to help you get reconnected to your Sonos system. If those steps don't do the trick, please reach out to our phone team who can take over from there with some more advanced troubleshooting. You can find our phone number and hours here.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I have several Sonos products but I’m constantly suffering dropout when using the app on my iPhone 8+. This also used to happen on my last phone so I don’t think it’s an issue with my phone. I’ve sent several diagnostics but to no avail. It means I’m unable to control my Sonos which is most inconvenient. Can you help please? Thanks

Hi Cotton A,

Welcome to the community. What is the source of the audio that's dropping? When happens when you play other music sources? Please submit a diagnostic report after you hear the issue, then reply here with the confirmation number.
Hi, it’s the whole Sonos system that drops out not just a particular audio source. It says it cannot find Sonos. Please see submitted diagnostics ref 1138821231
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for the report, it doesn't show much as your controller isn't connected to the Sonos system. Please check out this guide, which has some great troubleshooting steps to help you get reconnected to your Sonos system. If those steps don't do the trick, please reach out to our phone team who can take over from there with some more advanced troubleshooting. You can find our phone number and hours here.