Question

Drop Outs when playing music of my PC

• 10 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
Hello,
last night I started to get drop out using my 2 Sonos 5's which really worried me as I upgraded from another simpler streaming device (and airplay) in the hope that in addition to the quality and reputation, dropout would not be significant.
I am using 5g and this appears to happen when streaming from my windows 10 PC.
Is there any diagnostic check/function could use when this occurs?
thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142
Submit a diagnostic within 10 mins of a dropout, and post the confirmation number. Someone from Support will take a look.
Badge +3
Hello,
this is still continuing to happen and I have a diagnostic number of 1351250785. I also suspect that my Bulgur firewall maybe causing a block but you do do not list it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello,
this is still continuing to happen and I have a diagnostic number of 1351250785. I also suspect that my Bulgur firewall maybe causing a block but you do do not list it?

Hi Caher,

Your diagnostic report shows that your controller isn't connected to your Sonos system. Are you having trouble keeping the controller connected? If so, your computer's firewall may well be the issue. Please see this guide for help in configuring your firewall for Sonos.

If you're able to connect to your system, please send in a new diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number, I'll take a look for you.
Badge +3
Hi yes now amended. It was the firewall.
Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi yes now amended. It was the firewall.
Thanks

It's great to hear things are working again, enjoy your music.