Drop Outs since adding SONOS ONE and Spotify to my system

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Lots of drop outs over the last week since adding a SONOS ONE to my Playbase,Connect,Connect AMP,Play3 and 4 play1 system. Playing spotify with all grouped , turn on SKY box for TV sound on PLaybase leaves group fine but all the other playing speakers stop !!! . Really slow for all speakers to come up to spotify ..Alexa on ONE comes up but takes minutes for the others in the group to activate . Also lots of speak drop outs which I have never experienced in running SONOS. Had to move from Apple Music to SPOTIFY because on lack of ALEXA support on Apple.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Problem again with Playbase dropout … comes back 2 mins later. When taking diagnostics all speakers then stop, but takes awhile for the Playbase to rejoin the group and start playing … Diagnostic case 1676503879 sent.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Problem again with Playbase dropout … comes back 2 mins later. When taking diagnostics all speakers then stop, but takes awhile for the Playbase to rejoin the group and start playing … Diagnostic case 1676503879 sent.

Hi keith_13,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. I see that your speakers are having a hard time communicating wirelessly with each other and your network. This is often due to wireless interference from nearby networks. There's a wireless network nearby running on the same wireless channel as your own. This could be causing the interference. Please try changing your router's wireless channel from 11 to 6 and see if that helps.

If that doesn't do the trick, please send along a new diagnostic report and reply here with the number.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I've connected my Playbase directly to my router over an Ethernet cable , seems better . I've recently had HIVE installed and British Gas have replaced my Electricity and Gas meters with Smart ones , which communicate wirelessly . Plus I have Sky Q which also communicates to it's 2nd box wirelessly. My router is using Channel 1 (2.4 channels and 36 for 5.0) according to the BT HomeHub 6, it was SMART channel 1 , but I've fixed it to Channel 1 . Thanks for your help I'll keep you posted.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Having changed to BOOST configuration I discover I have lost sound on my PLAY1 surround speakers . First the room appeared as Lounge+?+? instead of LS and RS . So I've removed surrounds and readded and still no sound. Playbase appears on WM0 but PLAY1s stay on WM1 is this correct ???? Diagnostic rerport 414935150 sent please help.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
PS When I go on settings and look at Boost settings it says I have no boosts (which I don't have any phyiscsal Boost boxes) . However if I go on ADD a boost it tells me I already have a SONOS product connected directly to a router … All very confusing terminology …. must be American and not English :D:D:D
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
PPS When you add more SONOS devices does that take up additional bandwidth on the SONOS wireless channel ??? Is there a theoretical maximum number of SONOS devices on a Wireless network/channel ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Keith,

I replied to your post in the other thread.