Question

Drop Outs

• 22 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
Drop out's with Tune in radio, Rooms, Soundcloud and Spotify.. Can someone please have a look at whats going on? and why this is happening.. Amp, Playbar and Connect are hardwired via ethernet and wifi range is excellent throughout house. Mostly the Connect and Amp drop out and its very difficult to move the sub around the house. I have submitted a diagnostics report-confirmation number is 774497699. Thanks in advance, Gambo.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Lots of problems with TuneIn at the moment:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/tunein-radio-stations-won-t-play-6802976
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Gambo. Thanks for posting and for the diagnostic report. Based on my findings, it seems your Sonos system is split into a couple different networks. Could you tell us a little more about your local network setup? Do you have any extenders or switches? In most cases, audio interruptions can be attributed to interference or latency on the network.

Thanks!
Badge +1
Hi Keith,

I have the basic modem from our service provider which is then wired to a 24 port switch providing internet to one access point for wifi and numerous internet points throughout the house, including sonos equipment, computers etc.

This set up was done nearly two years ago when the house got renovated.. we are only having problems recently.

Thanks, Gambo
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Updates in both Sonos as well as the access points could certainly cause some issues to arise. It may be a good idea to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot in real time. That way, a technician would be able to set up a remote session to get a closer look at the network.