Does SONOS support Nintendo Switch 5.1 Surround? LPCM & eARC

• 28 January 2022
  • 4 replies

TV is eARC compatible. Samsung QN95A 

If i set my TV to PCM  I -get  2-channel  stereo sound only. 

If i set it to Through-Put, Audio is out of tune, about half an octave lower than what it’s supposed to sound like and the surround SL speakers are extremely choppy. 

Dolby Atmos content and 5.1 content works fine on Netflix  but I can’t get it to work with my Nintendo Switch.  Switch outputs  LPCM 5.1.  Isn’t that supposed to work fine with the Sonos system? 

I would love to hear from any Sonos and Switch owners that use these products in combination with 5.1 working surround. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, the Sonos Arc supports LPCM audio from the Switch. Samsung TVs with eARC have been known to have issues with Sonos.

Does the Sonos app display “Multichannel PCM” when playing audio from the Switch while the TV is set to Pass-Through? Does your TV have the latest firmware installed? Have you contacted Samsung?

Sonos App says “Multichannel PCM 5.1”
TV is set to Pass-Through
TV & Sonos has the latest software. 

So Sonos & Samsung TVs are knows to be problematic, huh? I guess Ill have to contact Samsung about this I doubt there will be a possible fix for this then since I have done more or less every possible thing in the TV menu.  I appreciate the reply and tips.

Yes, the Sonos Arc supports LPCM audio from the Switch. Samsung TVs with eARC have been known to have issues with Sonos.

Samsung QLED eARC You Have A Problem - YouTube

Interesting video. I belive you have possibly pointed me in the right direction!  I thought Through-Put was supposed to be untouched signal data, but maybe that is not the case. 

Samsung still does not support multichannel LPCM passthrough.