Answered

Distortion with Play 5 speakers using Airplay 2 with Denon S940H receiver

• 15 October 2018
  • 9 replies

I have 2 Play 5 speakers and 1 Denon S940H receiver using Airplay 2 on Pandora. Only 1 Play 5 speaker plays clear while the other one sounds terrible. How to clear the sound on Sonos Play 5. Paid a lot of money for these speakers and they are not working correctly.
icon

Best answer by Chris 15 October 2018, 22:04

If you play just to the receiver and the one that has static what happens? Is it always the same one with static?
View original

9 replies

Could you clarify if / how the receiver is relevant to the situation please?
Airplay 2 with all 3 components. The music sounds perfect with Airplay2 with just the Sonos or just the receiver. The issue is only when all 3 are playing together.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So when playing from airplay to the 2 speakers Sonos it works fine. Adding in third sounds like maybe some kind of bandwidth issues. What happens if you plug one Sonos unit into router via Ethernet.
Will try plugging it in tonight, bandwidth shouldn't be an issue. Running Google Mesh (3 points for 2400 sq ft home) with 116 Mpbs system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Are the two play;5s. A stereo pair. If so what happens if you unpair them and group them. Curious if some kind of bug with paired speakers.
They are no a stereo pair, they are in different rooms. I tried lowering the volume on the one that had static is it was still bad. I thought it was because of the volume setting.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you play just to the receiver and the one that has static what happens? Is it always the same one with static?
I have not tried that, I will try that scenario tonight.
Hello...did you get this sorted? I am curious about sync'ing the AVR with Airplay 2 and a Sonos One? I am looking to upgrade my AVR to one with Airplay 2 and I would like to integrate it with a Sonos One using both in a multi-room setup managed via an iPhone. I am concerned about sync when using both at the same time this way. (the house is small so any delay when using both will be noticable throughout the house)

Can you share your experience?