Disappearing Devices

• 30 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Every day without failure I go up to my bedroom around midnight and my mobile cannot connect to the sonos system. I have a new Play downstairs that sometimes is available but neither the One in the bedroom or kitchen are visible. I reboot my hub that does not work, I reboot my phone that does not work then for no reason its suddenly all okay. 

My phone and the Play are 5ghz and the 2 x One are 2ghz could that be an issue?

I am very technically savvy but this has stumped me 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’d suspect some sort of IP address conflict, so a network refresh might help. Unplug all Sonos devices from power, and while they are unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, go ahead and plug back in the Sonos. 

And I’d also take a look at the wifi interference FAQ, to ensure you’re not being hit by anything, potentially from outside your network.

Thank you for the info, its not any form of traditional network issue as that is my area of expertise hence trying the Sonos community hoping for very specific Sonos related problems. I have gone as far as allocating fixed IP's for each of the devices to eliminate any potential IP conflicts. A network scan using Wireshark is also inconclusive however I have got to the point where all the basic networking diagnostics have been completed and confident this is a Sonos specific issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Submit a diagnostic the next time it happens and contact Sonos with the ID number and ask them to look into it.

I’d have bet on the static/reserved IP address for all Sonos devices fixing it too. Did you power down all Sonos, reboot the router and controller and power the Sonos back up to clear any old IP info?