Answered

Differences Between S1 and S2 needs for Cisco Infrastructure

• 30 December 2020
  • 4 replies

My Sonos One device is working properly in my Cisco wired and wireless infrastructure. I try to change it with Sonos S2, I can not find Sonos S2 on my mobile. (I use S2 app on my mobile.)

Is there any differences between Sonos One and S2 needs for Cisco infrastructure?

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 2 January 2021, 17:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @mugur

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thanks for reaching out to us with your concern.  To help you out with this, I'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you downloaded the Sono S2 app on your mobile device?
  • Are you using an iOS or Android device? Can you tell us the software version?
  • Do you have another device that you can use to connect to your existing system?

If you will be able to connect to your Sonos system, I'll be requesting a diagnostic report submitted for us to check, and don't forget to include the confirmation number in your response.

In case you're having trouble connecting to your Sonos system, I'd recommend reaching out to our phone support team to look into your system and find out the cause. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Make sure multicast is enabled, also ports 1400,1410,1443,1843,7000 are open on your switchports. Try switching on/off L3 roaming.

I’m running the same thing, and intentionally have not defined a multicast vlan, mdns helper, etc. on the Cisco side.  However, what is critical to allow is in your wireless controller, at your WLAN settings → Advanced level, the box “P2P Blocking Action” must be set to Disabled.  Without that, devices on the same vlan cannot talk wifi to wifi or wired to wifi for security reasons.  If you choose one of the other options besides drop, such as forwarding to the upstream device, you may then need multicast, mdns, and/or igmp snooping enabled and functional for your switch to know how to let the devices discover one another.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Cant Fail 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

And thank you for sharing your findings.