Answered

Dialog drops in/out on my Beam

• 16 April 2021
  • 9 replies

I have a brand new LG TV. And a brand new Beam. It’s hooked up through the ARC port on my TV. And the audio continually goes in and out. One sec, everything is fine. The next sec, the dialog is muffled and you can barely make it out. This happens whether I’m watching stuff through my cable box. Or streaming from apps on the TV. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 April 2021, 13:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you have Simplink (CEC) turned on? What model is your LG?

65UN8500AUJ

LG UHD 85 Series 65 inch Class 4K Smart UHD TV with AI ThinQ®

And yes SimpleLink is on

Userlevel 7

Is eARC turned on in your TV settings. If so, turn it off.

It’s off. 

And tonight in the middle of watching TV, all sound turned off all together. It wasn’t just the dialog. Nothing came out of the beam and the indicator light started flashing red. 

Userlevel 7

Does turning eARC on make any difference?

Do you have any other devices connected to the TV?

Try unplugging the Beam and TV from power for about a minute and disconnecting the Beam and any other device from your TV. After you plug the Beam and TV back in, leave everything disconnected and run TV Setup again in the Sonos app and don’t connect the Beam to the TV until the app instructs you to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @WestWord 

The first thing to try in this situation would normally to be to follow @GuitarSuperstar’s steps of rebooting devices.

However, as you reported a flashing red light from the Beam (not to be confused with a flashing orange light), I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

They’re really not a lot of help. I’l likely just have to return the product. This shouldn’t be that hard. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

They’re really not a lot of help. I’l likely just have to return the product. This shouldn’t be that hard. 

Unless the Beam is within it’s Money Back Guarantee period, you’ll need to contact technical support to do this.

If you bought direct from Sonos and the MBG period is still on-going, you can start the process at https://support.sonos.com/s/money-back-guarantee

If you do use MBG, either from us or a retailer, please make sure you inform us/them of the fault - otherwise, the Beam may go to another person without being looked at.