Answered

device names changing when speakers grouped

My issue is I have 13 products. Have had them grouped playing music “everywhere”.  Notice over past 2 days, 2-4 of my sonos moves rename to “guest room”. One of them is guest room, the others are kitchen, gym, living room. The names changing change each time. I fix it, it’s fine for a day, then an issue comes again. 🙏🏾 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 June 2022, 19:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sometimes Apple causes this? Are you an Apple user?

To be slightly more specific, previous cases of this behavior have been caused by either Apple’s HomeKit, or other third party app, and not by Sonos…..

Thank you. It was Apple HomeKit. It was able to ad fall my products but only one of my sonos moves, and would name all my other moves then name of the one move it could add. Any idea how to fix that issue?

Unfortunately, or fortunately for me, I’ve completely avoided using HomeKit, so I have no particular advice, other that removing these speakers from HomeKit, so there is no ‘fighting’ between the two apps. Frankly, I’m not sure I understand why HomeKit is even allowed to control the names, but I’ve never bothered to investigate the specifications for that software.