Answered

Delete Unwanted Imported Playlists

• 11 August 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 21 replies
I imported my playlists into the Sonos app on my Win10 PC from a folder called “Playlists”. (*.m3u files) There was a subfolder in my playlist folder with ancient archived playlists that I had used to burn CD’s and the like many years ago, long since forgotten. Sonos pulled all of these in, so instead of having the 10 playlists I wanted, I now have 250 or more. I have moved this unwanted subfolder on my PC elsewhere, but Sonos still lists these defunct playlists; the files themselves now come up empty in the Sonos but I cannot get rid of them. How do I delete unwanted imported playlists?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 12 August 2018, 01:06

Move that sub folder out of the folder that has your playlists, and then run an update of the library.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Move that sub folder out of the folder that has your playlists, and then run an update of the library.
Badge +3
Ok. If I can figure out how to do that, I'll try it. I was thinking that i could delete that playlist folder that i added and then add it back. Thanks!!!
Badge +3
I did what you suggested. My “Imported Playlists” didn’t change much. I few unwanted playlists disappeared, but many remain that are not in the playlist folder. Conversely, when I go to the Folders option on the Sonos app, this brings up “
Badge +3
Hmm. Only part of that posted. I'll try again:

I did what you suggested. My “Imported Playlists” didn’t change much. I few unwanted playlists disappeared, but many remain that are not in the playlist folder. Conversely, when I go to the Folders option on the Sonos app, this brings up “
Badge +3
Ok. It didn't like some of the punctuation. Here's the rest of my response that won't post:

“computer name/playlists” and these contents are completely correct.

Puzzling. Why would this not work?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi WSC3, as Bruce was saying, if you're seeing an Imported Playlist in the Sonos software, that playlist is somewhere inside the indexed music folders. It could be anywhere within the subfolders, so you may need to search for the playlist file types, or the names of those playlists and see if they show up. To remove them, you'll have to find the files and remove them from the folder that's being indexed.
Badge +3
After research, I discovered, that these unwanted playlists are in iTunes. I had to move my Microsoft-created “Music” folder which I had placed on my music drive D:\ and Sonos was pulling in the playlists from there.
Badge +3
They should make grabbing music and importing playlists completely different actions.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
FYI ... just in case others have this scenario below.. (Non iTunes)
Delete any MSU files from any "recycle bins" that may be in the "shared folder" you are using (eg on a NAS) for music files.
Any playlists in these will be indexed an "imported" by SONOS. So they appear as copies or duplicates.