delay and poor sound quality

• 5 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have recently moved house and setup my system the same as I had it before but now I have a delay and poor sound quality. I have a record player going into a preamp going into a play 5 through the line-in port.Now I have about a 1 second delay and after about 5 seconds of the record playing the sound quality drops and goes a strange bass distorted quality. When I play through the play 5 without the record player there is not a problem with the sound quality. The only other thing I done was update the play 5 when a setup the system in the new house. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

What model turntable are you using? In the Sonos app under System Settings, do you have Audio Compression set to Uncompressed?

Physically moving a turntable gives plenty of scope for things to go out of kilter. The Play:5 is fine for all other sources. I suspect the turntable. 

Badge

What model turntable are you using? In the Sonos app under System Settings, do you have Audio Compression set to Uncompressed?

I have a Project Essential 3 turntable and set to automatic. I think it must be something to do with the turn table.

Badge

Physically moving a turntable gives plenty of scope for things to go out of kilter. The Play:5 is fine for all other sources. I suspect the turntable. 

Yes that’s what I am thinking, just re-calibrated the table but still got the same problem.

Badge +20

Also check the Play 5’s line-in level incase it got reset, normally for a Turntable needs to be 9 or 10

Userlevel 7

I have a Project Essential 3 turntable and set to automatic. I think it must be something to do with the turn table.

I suggest setting Audio Compression to “Uncompressed” for the best audio quality along with @Belly M’s suggestion of adjusting the Line-in Source Level higher. Also set Audio Delay to Low (75 ms).